Pages

Powered By Blogger

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Spring I dance with you.


Got up early this morning. Went out to get the paper and saw a group of healthly does. We stared at each other for awhile. The girls where locked in position, hiding in plain sight. They were beautiful and proud. Standing tall and still. Their coats were thick and brown, looking like satin robes. Eyes wide and deep. I wonder what they saw in me. An old guy in his gym shorts, scruffy and slow with his little brown dog. Nature and man. One is fresh and new, awakening season after season. The other trudges on, years piled on his back like a tortis. Scarred and pitted his shell is, but his eyes can still see and his heart can still feel and his soul can still fly.


I went into the back yard and saw a group of jakes. They looked like every young man. Grouped together making jokes talking about girls. Pimply faces and gangly legs, slightly uncoordinated. They walked through the yard. The girls were in the trees. I could her one jake tell the other "I think she likes you". The music is playing and the girls are waiting. It is Spring and every day is the prom.


The birds are out signing their mating songs. I heard a solo from a robin on the deck. His wings held out, his chest puffed, head held back. He sang to the world. "I am here, right here, right now, right now, this is my place, my place."


The sun is rising. Old man winter has gone away and lovely Spring has arrived. Her hair wet with dew, her eyes full of promise, sheathed in her silky wonderfulness. Spring is for lovers and lovers are for Spring. Spring is young and full of promise. She is a daughter, beautiful and tender, lightly making her way into the world. Her very presence makes all around her young, wonderful and hopeful. I welcome you Spring. Arise from your slumber. Lift yourself up and shine on us all. We need your light and your hope, your beauty and your innocence, your sense of wonder and your glow that lets us know that winter is over and all is right in the world.




As I stand on the deck and let the sun shine on my face, I feel the rays fill me and renew my soul. Spring spread your fecund fingers into the ground, the warm tendrils of your sun telling mother nature to wake up and come play. Dance in the sunlight, howl at the moon, hold your lover's hand, sing of her beauty, hold her face in your hands, kiss her lips and whisper "Spring is here, Spring is here."






2 comments:

Jayne said...

Such lovely imagery and metaphors here, my Man. Come howl at the moon alright! I'm howling... it's been a long wait, but she's here, yes!, with all her hope and sunny disposition. I wish she could tell us that All was all right with the world! ;)

The Common Man said...

thanks jayner